Today is the last day that Brigham will have his binkie! While we were at church he threw it 3 times during the first few minutes of sacrament meeting to let me know he was so mad! It has been one of "those" things that I have let him have because I needed sanity sometimes. Boy am I wishing I had gotten rid of it sooner! His fit today started when he had one piece of bread from the sacrament and then decided he should get more because he wants it! So he chucked that binkie as far as his little hand could! I couldn't believe it! It circled around the floor and landed in front of the people in front of us but about 10 people down! Yes...I know, what an arm! I kindly carried his thrashing body out to the foyer and watched a beautiful tantrum. A display of such grace and wonder! NOT!!! How embarrassing! He was hitting the chair, kicking off his shoes, throwing the binkie to the other side of the foyer, and screaming at full voice! WOW! I told him that was it! No more binkie! I meant what I said, and I said what I meant! So...he didn't die from it at all! He did fairly well. I am glad that I will not be crawling under the car in the parking lot to locate it anymore, or searching the entire house for any of them! So...the blessing of the day is that we will not have to play hide and go seek with the binkies anymore...well at least until the baby is born! Yay! What an accomplishment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Good job, way to be strong! Now, help me figure out a way to keep Em from sucking her thumb!
ReplyDeleteI needed that today; I was picturing in my mind him it chucking acroos the chapel, and then turning and smiling like he did throwing the ball here the other day.
ReplyDelete