Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Layton...land of the free!

Tonight I attended my first political event!  I went to our republican caucus meeting!  I admit I was really scared at first.  I had no idea what I was going to at all.  I was very anxious and thought I might have a small heart attack, but I lived!  Yay!  It was a learning experience for me!  I didn't even know what a delegate was!  I feel silly admitting that but oh well it is the truth.  I was really touched by the patriotism of other fellow Layton residents and ward members!  I love living here in America!  I am so glad that I am free to express myself when I feel I need to!  I am thankful that I have a city to live in, a home in this city, and a street full of wonderful patriotic neighbors and friends!  We are free...well...as long as we continue to support the people who do fight for what is right!  I am going to work harder at learning about the people we vote for!  I have not understood politics at any time in my life so far.  I know that I want to stay free, so I guess that means I have to get up and do something about it!  Sounds like fun right?! Wahoo!

1 comment:

  1. wahoo! I've been to one too but it was a long time ago. I am also so grateful for our liberties, but I too don't know hardly anything about our political system and how to work for freedoms cause. Maybe we could learn some and be better together. That would make it extra good.
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete