Saturday, January 23, 2010

Brigham is walking! Hooray!

Last night Brigham walked!  It was so neat!  He is very mobile, but he would barely take one step away from what he was holding on to.  He was playing with a balloon sword that Gregg and I had made with all of the kids.  They were all crazy!  They were throwing the swords in the air and yelling "surprise!"  He thought it would be fun to try and hit Haley with the sword!  He walked 4 steps, then he continued.  He walked 6, then 10, then 12, then even turned to the side to switch directions.  I was sooo happy!  He is nearly 14 months old, and all the other kids walked before they were a year old.  I loved watching his face when we would cheer for him!  He loves to be the guy in the limelight!  I tried to take pictures, but every time the flash would go he would pause and turn to pose for the camera!  How stinking cute is that! I am so happy for him!  The hardest part of the night was all of the kids were calling his name from this way and that, trying to get him to walk to them!  I had to tell them to be quieter because he didn't know which way to go!  He is such a light in our house!  I can not imagine my life without him!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! It's always so fun watching a kid take first steps! I didn't even know you had #5, and it sounds like you're working on #6 too! Congrats- and good luck getting used to the idea of another boy.

    ReplyDelete